2.07.2007

The Fiascodrome

PF Readers,
I have failed you. Earlier today, in the private recesses of a group email to the PF Writers, I made the most embarrassing of mistakes. We were debating over whether E.L. Huffer should be sentenced to Dick Slap Death DSD for a certain crime, which will be left untold.

In that conversation I made a seemingly witty joke using DSD in a slightly cute palindrome. The problem: It wasn't really a palindrome. And I was made the fool, as Debalt pointed out. The bigger problem is that I'm big enough of an idiot to mistake a non-palindrome for a palindrome.

So, in embarrassment I propose the introduction of a new literary play game:

Fiascodrome-An inadvertent misuse of a word or phrase, or an excuse aspiring writers use when they totally blow it.

Example 1. Using the term "dead wrench fetish" instead if "virgin" would be a Fiascodrome.

Example 2. Using "west side monkey basher" instead of "maniacal Christian" would also be a Fiascodrome.

Example 3. Using "flying shit machine" instead of "Vitamin Fed Superduck" would also be a Fiascodrome.

Example 4. Claiming that tiny insects punching tiny insects is a metaphor for the flying car.

Example 5. Using hyphens to spell words

My apologies, I bite*.
SmithJ

P.S. It should also be noted that I called Debalt a DSD Rocket, which I am moderately proud of.

*I trainwrecked this post several times becuase I have a sinus infection seen here. Thanks to FatHand for editing my sinking ship back into Miami Vice speed boat formation.

No comments: