1.08.2007

Momofuku Ando, good bye my friend


With a heavy heart bathed in steaming chicken-flavored broth I say goodbye. I bid adieu to a man most might not recognize however all have been touched by.

Momofuku, or Momo as I knew him, was the inventor of Top Ramen, the scrumptious brick of flavored noodles that when combined with hot water creates a culinary delight that has no rival. What began as Cup O'Noodle, through time was developed and evolved into the many varieties of Top Ramen we have today. I could go on and on about Momo, tell you about his work with orphans, or all the money he so graciously donated throughout his 96 years on this planet, or how he was a devoted husband and father, but instead I leave you with this haiku.

Top Ramen is good
My favorite is chicken
Noodles fill me up

No comments: