9.02.2008

Summer Vacation where you done gone?

So here I am, back at PF headquarters... I can see no one dusted while I was gone... and someone ate my pickle stash. No matter. I am back and ready to welcome fall in all her deciduous glory. Nothing will deter me from my mind. And today my mind happens to have it in itself to tell you of my summer vacation.

Since you have last heard from my I have sunned myself on a beach towel that looks like the Puerto Rican flag, came unwillingly within inches of 2 coyotes, jokesters, switched to sheep cheese, been told with a straight face that it has a "barnyardy" taste, fought with elevation and came to a draw, smiled a lot, driven a minivan, had my identity stolen, luckily I don't really know who I am anyway, so they didn't get far, made a conscious effort to use apostrophes in my contractions, bought a paper shredder, overestimated the power of that shredder, need a new shredder, seen some really good music, not played enough really good music, saw the planets align, fished so much that my wrists hurt like hell, had some really good dreams, thought about giving a speech so much that I could probably give a wicked good speech about thinking about giving speeches, laughed at repetitive jokes, laughed at repetitive jokes, fell in love with the north woods, written songs in my head about stuff I don't know about, cared about politics like I never really thought I might, sent an egg in the mail (safely), made lists like it was my job, seldom crossed things off those lists, note: look into list-making job, played multiple games of badminton on the Fourth of July, that same day played croquet with a chip on my shoulder, left my Don Rickles Hello Dummy! record at Dan's house, tried to do my best, had raffle fever, golfed, bought some new seersucker, heard tell of a friend using the, "baby please, I am not from Havana!" line in context, and fell asleep during a PBS documentary on Alexander Hamilton.

The whole time a little part of me was looking forward to getting back to the PF grind. Dusting off my old milk crate, sitting down at my TV tray desk, and blogging like a bloggin' bloggy-blogger. It seems that day has come... so here is to sweatshirt weather, pumpkin patches, playoff baseball, and wood burning stoves. It is good to see you again, do you think I can borrow 40 bucks, just 'til payday?

Oh, I am between jobs right now... you know just taking it easy and thinking things through... but you know I am good for it right? You don't care if I drank some of your beers, right?

in lieu of pay, check out some pictures of Signs and Doorways.

Why do I always get a warped one?

No comments: