4.08.2007

Happy Easter, America.

a blast from the past... as written for "Blatant misuse of a conundrum: Pigeons don't soar with eagles" ~circa 2000

----
I eat a Taco Bell
Almost everyday now
I seem to be hopelessly addicted to the chalupa.
The Chalupa?
I'm afraid
I know the long term risks, eating at this poisonpit presents
and I know the ingredients
and I don't like Mexico
Still I eat... and eat
Chalupa's by the three
my stomach stands the test. How?
I don't know, or care.
People always say to me, "I don't believe you don't smoke cigarettes!"
Fuck those people
I eat at Taco Bell
That's worse
I just don't have to put up with the negative propaganda.
like you
you American pig
Did you know that the American pig kills 800,000 people a minute?
... if you let it
what does Taco Bell do?
Tell me that on television.
With your snappy death ads, and your scary afterthoughts.
Tell me something new!

I have to suspect a Mexican restaraunt that is closed on Easter
No matter how fast it is
why Easter?
why the Chalupa?
Was Jesus Mexican?
or even a coneseur?
Hot sauce can't cover this
Tell me I'm wrong.

3 beef baja chalupas with a large Dr. Pepper
that's $4.37
at the second window
Happy Easter, America
Jesus Christ!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mr. DeBalt,

I share your unusual vivacity for the chalupa and all its artery clogging goodness. However your post contained something that worries me. For months now, I've been paying $4.95 for a number 6 with 2 beef baja chalupas, a soft taco and a Code Red. I think I'm gettin' hosed Tommy!