4.12.2007

god bless you, mr. vonnegut

I know everyone has their own beginning. It started with Sirens of Titan for me. And wow - that was it. I had heard of him before, but really knew very little. And to be honest, I had seen a picture of J. Garcia with a copy of Sirens. At that time in my life, if he had been into something, I wanted to try it.

The Rosewater ventures, Kilgore, labor strikes, Dresden inferno, RAMJAC, Ice Nine (incidentally the name of the Dead's publishing company), space travel... Again, wow. So much to think about, so much to enjoy.

But this is what we do. We spend some time during our stay here, and try to leave some kind of mark. Then we move on. That's everyone's story. Some just tell a more darkly comedic story than others.

God bless you, Mr. Vonnegut
1922 - 2007

No comments: