2.13.2007

How do you do? Yes, nice to meet you. Welcome to New York. May I introduce you to my secretary? Freda…

This is the finest aloe money can buy in these parts- say! Here now. Take this and wipe your nose. You can’t walk around covered in the stuff…(though I do appreciate your gusto)

Trousers. Trousers, trousers, trousers. A fine day indeed. Perhaps the finest ever for a set of trousers like these. Thank you Freda.

Those? It is a stunning collection of glossy 8x10s isn't it? Yes, thank you. Ha Ha. Yes, perhaps later – after a cuba libre? You’ll have to forgive me, I love saying cuba libre... Undoubtedly I’ll sneak a few more cuba libres in on you this evening. Indulge me, won’t you? Yes, of course you will.
Cuba libre!

Mine? 34. 34 inches. Although I do tend to have him start the measurement a little higher than most are comfortable with.

We’ll be leaving shortly. But let me get you that drink. Freda…there you are. Some cuba libres, please. Yes, the urns will do nicely.

My sister is 27, so I know you to be a liar – but a good one nonetheless. She does run in those circles. The three sided circle? Of course, of course. Very clever.

Shall we leave now? Shan’t we? No? Very well then. Enjoy your cuba libre, my friend. We have plenty of time.

No comments: