1.28.2007

Jewel's Wondertreat (Food for the "Big Game")

It's Sunday, and the "Big Game" is only one week away. Have you thought about what you are going to eat until you can't get off the couch? When it comes to the "Big Game" my theory is this, If you aren't playing in it you should be trying to eat yourself into a larger trouser size.

When it comes to "Big Game" Sunday all rules are out the window. Things you never would think of eating you should eat in excess. It is a freebie, and ever since tall Noreen stopped hooking down at the Home Depot, we all know there is no such thing as a freebie anymore. So take advantage of this.

I offer this little culinary jewel to you. Oddly enough I learned it from Jewel, the snaggle tooth Alaskian princess of pop, she came over to a "Big Game" party I had a couple years back. One of my friends seemed to be dating her at the time. That girl can eat every bit as well as she can sing. So, I lifted this wondertreat from her.














Jewel's "Big Game" Wondertreat

Ingredients:
1 can Hormel Chili
Velveeta Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product (the big brick)

Preparation:
combined chili and pasteurized prepared cheese product (to taste) in a microwave safe bowl.
heat until pasteurized prepared cheese product is melted.

This dish is great on just about anything. I like to put it in my sombraro chip & dip platter then sit back and watch the goodtimes ooze. I will offer you a word of advice that Jewel handed down to me, this is really a 1st quarter treat as when the wondertreat hardens it transforms in a semi-solid paste. So eat it while it is hot, then when it cools use it to caulk that hole in the barn.

There is no other day of the year when this wondertreat is even an option, so make it count and start counting the days until the next "Big Game"

Enjoy and go Lions!

1 comment:

SmithJ said...

Ooh Oooh! I've discovered a crowd pleasing variation of your recipe:

Put Jewel in a sombraro chip & dip platter then sit back and watch the goodtimes ooze.

That's how the Inuit do it. Juneau, West Side.