5.01.2010

Resume 1984-2009


Here in the red dawn heat my young blood heats and ventures to dirty dance. Then the mid-day sun steels it away and growls like a Warsaw tiger. So drive me to the back alley, the fringe, the road house. And notify my next of kin. Even the ghosts have their breaking point.

Humbly still I thank God this city knows joy. And thank Bill Cosby for the joys in fatherhood. Because real life won't thank Wong Foo for anything. You, friend, get three wishes. And don't waste them on a black dog turd dream. Killers forever write letters to Lulu. While green snap peas and puffed dragons shun killers.

Fear not the dark, Donnie. Oh the Reno sunrise! Can't we dance, if only once, knowing the bus leaves at 11:14? Let British people tell their mums that we were animals, you a fox and I the hound. And for each other, there was no way but "jump". And to know we had a Wonderland Christmas leaves my otherwise bruised heart powder blue.

Honorable Mention:
Skatetown, U.S.A. (1979) - Ace Johnson
The Outsiders (1983) - Darrel Curtis
Uncommon Valor (1983) - Kevin Scott
Grandview, U.S.A. (1984) - Ernie 'Slam' Webster

No comments: