10.22.2008

I love you. I'm leaving.

When you turn real close and I hear you breathing
I know I love you but I know I’m leaving
You’ll wake up in the daylight and I’ll be gone

Oh the time I carried you up these stairs
So young so in love so without a care
I’ll never lead you up these stairs again

Out the door and onto the road
She alone knows what I know
She’s never right, she’s never wrong
I loved you once but now I’m getting on
Her and I we’ll never fight
She won’t throw things, she won’t bite
Stand by my side for mile after mile
That road’s been runnin’ for the longest time
And callin’ me, sayin’ she’s mine
Her and I’ll run away and find our home

Now things have changed, they often do
Sure there’s love, but you and I are through
Tell your dad I couldn’t keep my word

One day I’ll send a letter by the U.S. mail
And it’ll find you through the rain and the hail
It’ll say I love you but I’m still leaving
I’m leaving without telling you “so long”

No comments: