11.13.2007

gene hackman wants to build something with me

Gene Hackman wants to build something with me. Just the two of us. Together. He told me so yesterday. I was sitting in the tub, drinking whiskey and listening to Hall & Oates...thinking about asking the 13" black and white panasonic to get up off the sink counter and come join me. That's when the man who brought The French Connection to the silver screen asked me to build something with him. "Let's build something together". Those were his exact words.

To be honest, I wasn't really paying attention to what was going on before this little invitation came my way. I was staring at the tile. Hating those tiles… But when the weathered pipes of Royal Tennenbaum pipe up, your ears prick up. When the calloused hands of Unforgiven's Little Bill knock on your door, you extend a laurel and a hearty handshake.

What to build? He didn’t say. But the answer will come in due time. He’ll let me know. I’m sure of it. As long as I stay in this tub.

No comments: