10.13.2007

James Taylor Invents Deadly Kung Fu Move


No. Look closer.

I stood by when Hot Wheels turned plastic. I trudged
on through the jelly bracelet craze, the
fall of jelly bracelets and their hasty
yet triumphant return. I watched a lot
of Star Trek The Next Generation.

But my faith is tested by this man. Who
had an ear surgically implanted in his
left forearm. I have a tattoo on my left
forearm. He has an ear.

I know what you're thinking. Couldn't I
apply this cliche: "Ya know. He and I
are not so different after all?". But I
am afraid I cannot. I don't have an ear
in my arm.

I've worn a dress. I've slept under a
car. I've been heralded as a creative
genius, likewise a heartless thug. And
my journey is not yet complete.

This guy implanted an ear in his arm and
promises to artificially activate its
hearing capabilities. He'll likely succeed and revel in his accomplishments. And children will watch his smug victory dance in prime time. But I'm not fooled.

Ear arms are overrated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that Peter Boyle?