10.24.2007

and we laughed...

The man, whom I can only guess to be homeless, walked south down Woodward Avenue. Through the window he spotted me standing behind the bar. He promptly gave me the finger...no, the double finger. The double finger is when you raise both hands and give the finger with both. He waited for a response. When he got none he shook his head in disappointment and walked away, south down Woodward.

Later that very same evening, he returned. This time he was walking north up Woodward Avenue. He knocked on the glass. When I looked his way, he again gave me the double finger. This time I returned fire with a double finger of my own. He smiled and walked away, north up Woodward.

Two days later as I was standing behind the bar I heard a knock upon the window. I looked up to find the same gentleman (a term I use loosely) standing at the window. He raised his fists, and then his middle fingers...the double finger. I felt as if he were saying "fuck you" and at the same "I don't mean it buddy." I returned the favor. I was saying to him "fuck you" and at the same time "I don't mind playing this game with you, but still...fuck you." He smiled and walked away, south down Woodward. I haven't seen this individual in a few days now but am confident he will be walking the Woodward path one day soon. When he does, I'll be ready and waiting to flip him off...and I know he'll be ready too.

2 comments:

fAtHanD said...

I would like to meet him. Meet him and give him the double finger. F-U x2.

SmithJ said...

I gots two words for this grubby double fingerer. Pressed Hams.*

*When you squeeze your naked ass cheeks up against a plate glass window.

Shoot him down Mardis Gras. Hoist him some hams!