7.09.2007

cats

As I was driving down the highway last night, my mind drifted to the subject of cats. I am not really sure why but this is some stuff that I thought about while zooming...

...They say curiosity killed the cat. It is kind of amazing to me that you don't see more dead cats on the side of the expressway. I mean, the expressway is a pretty curious thing to me... and I understand what it is all about. I can only imagine what it must seem to be to a cat... and it just seems to me that curiosity would get the better of them and they would want a closer look... that is all I am saying.

also, with this whole "curiosity killed the cat" thing...
It is said that cats have 9 lives. If you subscribe to this theory then I wish to argue the fact that "curiosity killed the cat" and present the possibility that "stupidity" killed the cat.

My thinking is this:
I will admit that cats are indeed curious creatures, no one is disputing this. However there is a fine line between curious and stupid. Let's use a frayed electrical chord as an example. The cat, we will call him Sammy Sosa, with all his innate feline exploration tendencies really must check this out, and subsequently will receive a mild to moderate shock. Depending on how curious Sammy Sosa is about this particular wire he may "use up one of his 9 lives"... this is where the thin line between curiosity and stupidity comes in. Perhaps I can help you here. If Sammy Sosa keeps going back to the wire, it is no longer curiosity, it is stupidity. Curiosity ends after lets say the third time, when Sammy Sosa should have said, "damn, I hate that wire"... any more wire messin' crosses the line into stupidville. Keep messing with the wire, you will die. And when you die, I will be sure that people know that stupidity killed the cat, not curiosity.

No comments: