3.22.2007

something was a miss

I woke up this morning feeling good. I slept a little bit later then normal, that extra 15 minutes is huge. I had a vanilla yogurt and got ready to leave still feeling spry. But as I pulled out of the driveway I noticed my youngest daughter in the front window with tears in her eyes. Just moments ago I had kissed her on her forehead and bid her a cheery goodbye and now she was all tore-up. It stuck me as odd.

On my drive in the gray clouds increased the closer I got to work. Then the rains came. Normally not a issue, but today perhaps because of my sunny disposition, I left the house without a coat. Once more on a normal day I would brush it off and accept that I would be a bit damp for the remainder of the morning, little did realize that I now put myself in the precarious position of attending an important meeting with the client soaked to the bone. The universe was shouting down at me. I wasn't listening.

It was not until my daily lunch ritual of browsing the internet did the A-bomb finally drop. It is with a heavy heart I relay to you that Calvert DeForest has left this earthly plane. You may remember him as simply as Larry "Bud" Melman. I will remember him as a comedic genius who put David Letterman and his Late Show on the map.



A great loss indeed. Goodbye my friend.


Larry "Bud" Melman

No comments: