3.15.2007

Lost Friend

I lost a friend today. It made me sad to think about this loss before it actually happened, and even more so when the realization that it was actually happening set in. This particular friend has been with me for ten years. I have been loyal to my friend and my friend has returned the favor many, many times day or night. Never did my friend bitch or complain about where I was going or who I was going with...not once. Sure, I had to spend some money on my friend from time to time, but what friend wouldn't be willing to do that for another when necessary. I felt as if I was betraying my friend today...when I walked away. I had to. I left my friend sitting there all alone. Maybe this is good for my friend too. Another chapter opens in one book...and one closes in mine. I know it was time to part ways with my friend, but it is still hard. I miss my friend already. I only hope that my friend will make new friends and that my sorrow will fade.

I say good bye today to my 1997 Jeep Cherokee Sport. This was the first car that I ever purchased on my own. I was living in Marietta, Georgia at the time. I have been to many places with this car as many of you have. Colorado, Kalkaska, Chicago, and Maine just to name a few. I really loved that Jeep and hated to part with it today. But it was time. The transmission went on it and that was the final straw. I could no longer support my friend financially. 137,000 miles proper. I am proud of my car for sticking with me for ten years, and proud of myself for doing the same. I will miss my old friend and always remember the good times and great transportation that was given to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So what kind of strumpet are now shackin' up with these days?