1.17.2007

A good chuckle

Mr. Eko asked me, "May I invite you to have coffee with me?"

"Sure," I told him. "In the hatch?"

"No," he said in his even tone. "The coffee there is too bland, I prefer something with more body."

"Where then?" I inquired.

He responded, "At Fourbucks."

We both had a good chuckle at this and then headed off to the new Starbucks that just opened near the caves.

He had a Tall of their featured coffee of the day, Arabian Mocha Sanani. We agreed it to be wild and exotic, with an aroma of spice.

I enjoyed an Eggnog Frappuccino® Light Blended Coffee. He so astutely pointed out that I had just committed a cardinal coffee sin, the equivalent of wearing white after Labor day, by drinking Eggnog post December. We enjoyed another spirited laugh.

"Would you care to taste my Blueberry scone?" he asked.

"No thank you," I said. "They are not the same since they removed the trans fats."

No comments: