11.27.2006

Ray Bradbury Was Right

Why did they build them?
Who thunk such suckiness?
Was it Pharaoh, Napolean, Jake Busey?

Why was the old way worse?
Did they mean to jettison tradition?
Were they angry at the sun?

Someone built a library.
And someone else in turn
Built another even taller.
And quieter.

Now any Joe Pencil, high on cheap green
With dreams of fiasco plums and world domination
Can peruse the photos of late-seventies female tennis players
And draw thick pirate moustaches

In inappropriate places.

I stand firmly opposed
To the slander and pain
Brought forth by librarianism.

I will persevere and store my books
Where my father and his father
Did theirs.

In the moist recesses of my own rectum.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you're going to store books in your rectum, you should remember to securely seal them in cling wrap. Personally I have no place for books in my rectum, its too full of ass pennies.